Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh it's a Jolly Holiday in London.

Hello friends!
We just completed our first full week in London! What a busy and unbelievable week it has been!
Over the past week, London has begun to really feel like home.  I've gotten the hang of the tube, I pretty much know where most things are, and I get mad at the dumb tourists...yes, I'm a local.
Among the many things we have done like hearing Mozart's Requiem, touring Cabinet War Rooms, and seeing Changing of the Guard, we finally had to start classes on Monday.  While we all forgot that we are here to go to class, we can already tell that the classes are going to be life-changing. My favorite classes are probably going to be theatre and British Literature.
I have also rediscovered my love of theatre which has been almost dormant since being in college.  After seeing four jaw-dropping productions (well...3 jaw-dropping...1 sleep-inducing), it's almost impossible not to want to get on that stage and join them.   I've really been reminded that God has given me a passion for it, and when God gives you a passion for something, he uses it.  It may be that I use theatre somehow in my career, or I may just be getting involved with a community theatre, but whatever it is, I know God has called me to use my passion for it, and He's reminded me of that this week.
Today, we are attending worship at a church called All Souls.  I'm going to spend most of the afternoon doing homework for next week, and then I'm going to head to a poetry reading tonight.  Also, the group that is going to Rome is starting to plan our trip tonight!
This has been a huge week for me.  I haven't had a life-changing moment, but God has shown me small little "spiritual epiphanies" that I can tell are going to drive this semester in a great way.
Here are a few of the week highlights:







0 comments:

Post a Comment